Wednesday, June 1, 2016

伤害



I have been wanting to write a song about this story for a very long time. But sometimes, you can't really force the inspiration to come. Finally, almost 5 months later, I managed to pen this down. Shitty melody as usual, but this is my story, a story which I never thought of the ending, not at least this way. 

I've never written a Chinese song. Although I had studied it until the end of secondary school, I generally still have low confidence in writing good Chinese. For some reason, the melody of this song suits Chinese characters. When the inspiration is here, the process doesn't take long at all, it was done in two days with half an hour of recording. And I finally mustered the courage to feature my first singing debut on Facebook.

If I could write the story, I wouldn't write the story this way. Sometimes you thought you have done enough and of course I could have done more, but things don't work out your way. It isn't a blame game nor this song is written with any intention but a signal as I have moved on. It's just one of the way of me dealing with things, to commemorate it in some forms. The story was not fruitful and got bitter at the end, but I wouldn't change any part of it, not even rewriting it like I have said. 

冬天了  一年了  时光不留人
后悔了  失望的  最后拥抱
点点滴滴  的那一天  痛苦地徘徊
甜甜蜜蜜  已经离去  永远在心中

是我想你
何必哭泣
一心一意
渐渐放弃

我一直在这儿默默地等待
可惜我们都失去精彩
紧握着一丝希望  你却恨恨的抹开
曾经的爱  何必伤害

渐渐的  晃晃的  走进了迷路
仿佛的  突然地  到了结束
一天一夜  情不自禁  我成为依赖
我不明白  我放不开  已变成失败

是我想你
何必哭泣
一心一意
渐渐放弃

我一直在这儿默默地等待
可惜我们都失去精彩
紧握着一丝希望  你却恨恨的抹开
曾经的爱  何必伤害

为了勇气
千里之旅
为了爱情
什么失意
到了尽头
失去所有
从今以后
只做朋友

我一直在这儿默默地等待
可惜我们都失去精彩
紧握着一丝希望  你却恨恨的抹开
曾经的爱  何必伤害
仿佛是个备胎  是你的爱

Of course, there were some assumptions with my version of the story. I never gotten the courage to find out more, or because it was too painful to even think about it. Or maybe I am just over-thinking and overreacting. Does it matter any more? At least I am glad to put this behind me. I have learned all I need from this experience, and let go what isn't belonged to me.

Oh it was fun writing the lyrics though, especially when I try to fit in a riddle in it.



Love,
Wen Xin